PHP In Los Angeles
Addiction is a disease that is currently impacting millions of people across the United States. In fact, while rates of addiction are higher in many parts of the country than ever before, rates of admission into treatment programs are still under 25%. Despite this, our PHP in Los Angeles, California, helps young adults who struggle with full-blown addiction and other behavioral health challenges.
Therefore, finding the right kind of care is critical to overcome the many challenges of addiction and behavioral health issues. Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) are an ideal option for many people looking to make positive changes in their lives. Launch Centers of Los Angeles, California offers a PHP. Thus, this is often the next step for young adults leaving residential treatment or for those needing more care than other outpatient programs.
What is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
A partial day program, which is also referred to as a partial hospitalization program (PHP), is a type of professional addiction treatment that provides recovering patients with daily involvement and structure. Additionally, a partial hospitalization program is similar to inpatient treatment. This is in terms of structure and provided evidence-based treatments.
In contrast, patients do not live at the facility like those at inpatient treatment do. Instead, patients go to Launch several times per week and spend the majority of their day there. Specific to our partial day program, patients typically spend anywhere between 2 and 4 weeks at this level of care.
What is Our PHP in Los Angeles Like?
Our PHP in Los Angeles offers young adults intense levels of support without the need to reside in our facility. Oftentimes, people attend our PHP during the day and then return home at night. During the program, young adults will follow a schedule of therapy, group sessions, life skills courses, career development, and other recovery activities.
In other words, PHP in Los Angeles is a lot like residential treatment without overnight stays. Moreover, while clients won’t get the same level of supervision as in a residential program, they still get several hours of programming per day. Therefore, PHP is great for young adults transitioning out of a residential program.
Some examples of the types of treatment we offer at our PHP include the following:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Experiential therapy
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma-informed care
- Emotion-focused therapy
- Attachment theory
- Life skills and career development
Each person’s day in PHP is structured around these treatments. As a result, since everyone has different needs in recovery, our PHP in Los Angeles can be catered to meet each client’s unique needs. In this way, clients get the most benefits from their program.
How Long is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
How you respond to treatment will determine your stay within the facility. A PHP stay is typically 2 to 4 weeks, and the typical duration for your entire treatment stay (including PHP to IOP to OP) is 90 to 180 days. While the minimum is 4 weeks, many stay past 180 days. Last but not least, during treatment, you receive close monitoring thanks to your treatment group.
How Do I Know if PHP in Los Angeles is Right for Me?
Who can participate in the program? It belongs to people who:
- Need close attention but can abstain from drug or alcohol use outside the rehab center. This is applicable for people with deep-rooted psychological problems that are affecting their work, school, family life, and have lost hope in the effectiveness of the treatment
- Experience co-occurring mental health disorder
- Reside in places where they have higher chances of relapsing
- Have completed a PHP or residential therapy prior, but feel at risk of relapsing
- Are not making any progress at lower levels of care
To enter Launch Centers partial day program, you may enroll either directly after completing a hospital or a residential program, or you may enroll in PHP without residential, if it is determined to be medically appropriate.
However, the program might not work for people who:
- Have life-threatening medical conditions such as high blood pressure, cardiac arrest or cancer
- Who requires higher intensive care therapy than partial day treatment can offer
- Lack of psychiatric problems that fulfill the guidelines for a partial day program
- Are at risk of endangering themselves or others
Benefits of PHP in Los Angeles
PHP offers several benefits to young adults in recovery. These benefits help young adults overcome addiction, manage mental health symptoms, and gain skills needed to launch into adulthood. Our programs also provide structure for young adults to continue learning how to stay sober and healthy.
In addition, PHP helps young adults with the following benefits:
- Daily and weekly schedules throughout PHP to keep young adults focused
- High level of support throughout the program from both staff and peers
- A mix of several treatment methods with peer recovery groups and life skills training
- Vocational and educational support to help young adults get their lives started
- Personalized treatment plans that meet clients where they are in recovery
- Evidence-based treatment methods like CBT and EMDR for the best outcomes
- Holistic approaches focus on a person’s overall health and well-being
These benefits help young adults get back on track without getting behind their peers. In this way, they can engage in treatment without worrying about missing out on education and career opportunities.
What To Expect
Once you initiate contact, our highly compassionate admissions team will ask you a couple of questions regarding the current substance use or mental health concerns to determine whether you are interested in going through the treatment. After that, the clinical director will decide whether to book you for a medical detox (in the case of substance abuse inquiries), or you can enroll directly in the program. This gives them ample time to determine whether the next steps will fulfill your desires. If you do need detox, we will help facilitate the process and connect you with a center.
Pre-Assessment + Insurance Verification
If you don’t need detox, they will want to know your addiction background. They will ask you questions such as, “Have you ever enrolled for a similar program before? “Why are you ready to enter treatment now?” The type of response you will give, greatly determines how they will personalize your treatment. The final information will be passed to the professionals who will decide the kind of treatment plan they will construct. They will also verify your insurance plan and determine any co-pays, deductibles or out-of-pocket expenses that may be needed to enter the facility.
Once costs have been arranged, and you are ready to take the first step towards your new life, you will be scheduled for an admission. At admission we will orient you to the space, discuss your history with a therapist, and you will be evaluated by a psychiatrist.
Once you enroll, you will receive the following services:
- Individualized Treatment Planning
- Focused-individual therapy
- Family therapy + support groups
- Medication Management
- Drug Testing + Analysis
- Co-occurring Mental Health Treatment
- Educational + Vocational Programs
- Aftercare + Sober Living Assistance
Begin PHP in Los Angeles, CA
As you progress through your treatment, you can step down to lower levels of care. In addition, you can also begin treatment at a low level of care, depending on the severity of your issues and the quality of natural supports you already have. Launch Centers has a PHP in Los Angeles, California, for young adults who need intensive treatment yet are able to stay sober and safe without residential services. Visit our admissions page today and take the next steps in your recovery.