Dual Diagnosis & Mental Health Treatment In Las Vegas
Launch Centers Can Help
Launch Centers, located in West Los Angeles, is proud to offer dual diagnosis and mental health treatment services to the Las Vegas area. Our treatment center is only four away from Las Vegas and is perfect for young adults seeking addiction recovery away from distractions and triggers.
This page talks about the need for mental health and dual diagnosis treatment in Las Vegas and how Launch Centers can help.
What is Launch Centers?
Launch Centers was founded to help young adults process mental health disorders and dual diagnoses through individualized treatment plans and evidence-based therapies. Our approaches recognize the connection between mental health issues and substance use disorders, and we work to meet each client’s unique needs.
Our treatment facility’s goal is to help our clients understand their conditions and equip them with effective coping strategies, and help them reclaim their lives. We are dedicated to supporting our clients every step of the way toward lasting recovery and improved mental health.
How Mental Health Disorders Impact Las Vegas, Nevada
The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services Behavioral Health Wellness and Prevention Epidemiologic Profile reported the following for 2020.
- Both middle and high school girls experience a significantly higher percentage of feeling sad/hopeless, as well as suicidal behaviors involving consideration, planning, and attempts.
- Anxiety is the primary mental health diagnosis for emergency department visits, with females having higher rates of anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and PTSD. Males have more encounters with schizophrenia and suicide ideation. Clark County has significantly higher rates of schizophrenia, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and suicide ideation in emergency department encounters.
- Depression is the leading diagnosis for mental health-related inpatient admissions.
- Since 2011, the number of unique clients receiving services at mental health clinics funded by the state has decreased. This trend could be attributed to the Affordable Care Act’s implementation in 2014, which allowed Nevada residents to access healthcare services at non-state-funded facilities through the Medicaid expansion program.
- In 2019, 4.8% of Nevada residents said yes when asked if they had seriously contemplated suicide within the past 12 months, a 3.5% rise since 2018.
- Carson City, Washoe, Lyon, Storey, and Clark County have significantly higher rates of mental health-related deaths than the rest of Nevada.
- The LGBT community has a significantly higher percentage of depressive disorder diagnoses and experiences more poor mental health days than other demographic.
What Is Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Dual diagnosis addresses substance abuse and mental health disorders at the same time. This approach understands and deeply explores the connection between drug use and mental health disorders and how treating them individually is less effective. Common co-occurring disorders include:
- Schizophrenia & Thought Disorders – Schizophrenia and other thought disorders can cause symptoms like delusions, hallucinations, and paranoia that significantly affect daily functioning.
- Depression & Mood Disorders – Mood disorders, including depression, can lead to persistent sadness, increase the risk of substance abuse, and cause elevated mood levels, making it difficult to sleep and relax.
- Bipolar Disorder – Bipolar disorder involves abrupt and significant mood swings that can impact an individual’s ability to carry out daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Personality Disorders – Personality disorders can lead to constant negative thoughts, unpredictable behavior, and difficulty maintaining healthy relationships.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Obsessive-compulsive disorder involves compulsive thoughts and behaviors like hoarding, checking, and mysophobia.
- Anxiety Disorders – Anxiety disorders can lead to excessive worry and fear, disrupting daily tasks such as school, work, and home life.
Are you ready to change your life?
Take action now.
Our Dual Diagnosis Treatment Programs
Our dual diagnosis treatment programs include:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – PHP is a good option for individuals who need intensive mental health services but don’t require hospitalization. These programs are usually Monday through Friday and consist of 8 hour treatment days.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – Unlike PHP, IOP offers part-time treatment, allowing individuals to fulfill their responsibilities outside therapy. These programs are also Monday through Friday, but are broken up into three hour morning or afternoon sessions.
- Standard Outpatient Program (OP) – OP usually involves fewer therapy sessions than other programs and helps individuals transfer from a PHP or IOP into normal life.
- Detox – Launch Centers doesn’t directly provide detox services, but we partner with local detox centers and provide resources to assist those who need help with withdrawal symptoms.
Dual Diagnosis & Mental Health Treatment Serving Las Vegas, NV
- Life Skills and Career Development – Our addiction programs include practical life skills and career development training to help individuals recover lost skills and transition back into a healthy routine.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) –CBT is a form of psychotherapy that identifies and changes negative thinking patterns and beliefs that can worsen mental health disorders.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) –DBT is commonly used in group therapy sessions, helping individuals improve their emotional stability, mindfulness, stress management, and social skills.
- Experiential Therapy –Experiential therapy involves outdoor and creative activities to promote mindfulness and encourage individuals to find new ways to experience joy without turning to addiction.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) –EMDR helps individuals understand and overcome traumatic events and their associated mental illnesses using bilateral stimulation.
- Trauma-Informed Care – Trauma-informed care acknowledges the influence of trauma on an individual’s mental health and life, encompassing its involvement in drug use, alcohol addiction, eating disorders, and other mental health conditions.
- Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) –EFT helps explore an individual’s emotions and those of family and loved ones.
- Attachment Theory –This theory sheds light on how past experiences may affect our relationships and emotional well-being.
Contact Launch Centers
Our West Los Angeles dual diagnosis treatment center, proudly offers its services to Las Vegas residents. Only four hours away, our recovery center is the perfect place for individuals seeking mental health and substance abuse treatment.
You don’t have to struggle with your problems on your own, and Launch Centers is more than willing to help. Contact us today and ask one of our admissions members about our treatment services, therapy types, and general disorder treatment questions.