Alcohol And Drug Rehab In Los Angeles
There is no denying that the Los Angeles area is facing a drug crisis. With over 1.5 million Orange County county residents battling illicit drug use, it is clear that even the sunniest of places face dark times. At Launch Centers, our mission is to help young people with drug addiction get sober, reclaim their lives, and live up to their fullest potential. Located near the California coast, our alcohol drug rehab in Los Angeles is dedicated to helping clients overcome their substance use disorder along with any co-occurring mental health conditions. Our recovery center offers a variety of outpatient and day programs to make our comprehensive treatment as accessible as possible.
What is Addiction?
Addiction is a debilitating disease that can lead to detrimental consequences, including overdose and death. Also known as substance use disorder, this condition does not discriminate between race, class, age, or gender. In fact, it is prevalent across all walks of life. According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), nearly 20 million Americans over age 12 suffered from addiction in 2017. Given that these numbers are only continuing to rise, it is vital that alcohol and drug rehab centers in Los Angeles, such as Launch Centers, are available to provide effective treatment to those struggling with all forms of drug addiction.
Prevention efforts are designed to target a wide range of factors that contribute to substance use disorders and mental health disorders, including environmental, social, and biological factors. Education is a critical component of prevention efforts and can include initiatives such as public service announcements, school-based drug prevention programs, and community education programs.
At Launch Centers, we treat a variety of alcohol and drug addictions. From misused prescription drugs to illegal substances, we have seen it all. Because of this, we are prepared to help our clients overcome their addiction — no matter the drug they are abusing.
Benzodiazepines, such as Xanax or Valium, are a type of sedative drug that affects the nervous system. They are commonly prescribed to people who have depression, anxiety, chronic pain, insomnia, or seizures. Benzodiazepines can also help ease symptoms in people who are detoxing from alcohol.
Heroin is classified as an opioid, which is a type of drug prescribed to people with chronic pain. It’s an extremely addictive drug that floods the brain with feel-good chemicals, like dopamine and endorphins. It’s so addictive that one research study reported that one in four people who try heroin for the first time develop a dependency.
Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is one of the biggest problems in the United States, though it’s often overshadowed by the opioid crisis. According to the CDC, more than 88,000 people die from alcohol-related deaths each year in the United States.
Opioids are powerful, addictive medications that have dire consequences for those who misuse the drugs and become addicted. Although opioids are a difficult addiction to kick, it’s not impossible, and there is hope for addicts as well as their loved ones.
With more and more states legalizing recreational and medical marijuana use, the public faces a great deal of uncertainty surrounding the substance. Is marijuana as safe as proponents claim, or as harmful as opponents indicate? As with just about everything in life, the answers aren’t as cut and dry as one might prefer.
Because sleeping pills are a legal prescription, many people are misinformed about the risks of taking the pills. A lot of insomnia patients may think that a legal prescription like sleeping pills can’t be addictive, but that’s not true.
Launch Centers offers a comprehensive suite of addiction services within our outpatient programming. Each of our clients is given a treatment plan consisting of these services that has been modified to meet their specific needs. Along with life skills and career development services, the therapeutic interventions we offer at our alcohol and drug rehab in Los Angeles include:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Experiential Therapy
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Attachment Theory
Additionally, we offer several levels of care. These can be used as a step-down program, allowing our clients to find recovery on their own timeline. Levels of care we offer include:
At Launch Centers, we understand that addiction treatment doesn’t end when you leave one of our treatment programs, which is why we provide comprehensive aftercare plans to all our clients.
- Continuing care planning: We work closely with each client to develop a personalized continuing care plan, including ongoing therapy, support group attendance, medication management, and other resources. Our dedicated case managers provide ongoing support to help clients stay on track and achieve their recovery goals.
- Alumni program: Our alumni program is an active community that offers ongoing support, education, and social events for clients who have completed a treatment program.
- Sober living: For clients who require additional support after completing a treatment program, we can refer them to a trusted sober living facility to help them transition back to everyday life.
- Online resources: We provide online resources and support for clients who have completed a treatment program. This includes access to educational materials, virtual support groups, and other tools to help clients maintain their recovery from anywhere in the world.
- Family support: We understand that addiction and recovery can affect the whole family, so we offer family support services to help clients and their loved ones navigate these challenges. Our family support may include education, counseling, and other resources to support the whole family in achieving a healthier, happier life.
Launch Centers in Los Angeles is proud to offer personalized treatment programs for young adults struggling with substance use disorders. At our facility, we treat addiction and related causes while also teaching our clients important life skills. During their recovery process, clients explore their passions, set goals, and improve their self-esteem, so they can re-enter the world ready to succeed in all areas of their life. To learn more about our treatment services or to start on the road to recovery today, please give us a call or visit our admissions page.