Dual Diagnosis & Mental Health Treatment In San Diego
Launch Centers Can Help
Launch Centers proudly extends its dual diagnosis and mental health treatment services to the San Diego region. Our dual diagnosis treatment center in West Los Angeles is equipped with a team of trained professionals specializing in various evidence-based therapies and healing techniques and is conveniently located just two hours away from San Diego.
What is Launch Centers?
Launch Centers is a dual diagnosis treatment center dedicated to helping young adults conquer mental health conditions and co-occurring disorders using customized treatment plans and evidence-based therapies. We recognize the significance of addressing mental health issues and substance use disorders simultaneously, and our treatment facility is tailored to cater to each client’s needs. We aim to help clients understand their conditions and learn effective coping strategies for co-occurring disorders and mental illnesses.
The Impact Of Dual Diagnosis & Mental Health Disorders In San Diego, CA
Mental health issues and mood disorders pose a particular concern in San Diego County, with approximately 5 percent of San Diegans living with serious mental illness. This number increases to 8 percent among low-income households. To ensure the welfare of our communities, including the most vulnerable populations, a collaborative care model must be adopted in the future.
- Veterans – San Diego takes pride in being a military town, with nearly 20,000 veterans receiving care for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in the VA San Diego Healthcare System since 2010. Unfortunately, 12 percent of all veterans are diagnosed with PTSD.
- Ex-offenders – Ex-offenders in San Diego County have one of the highest recidivism rates in California, with nearly 74 percent returning to prison within two years of release. The connection between mental health and incarceration is well-documented, with approximately 56% of state prisoners, 45% of federal prisoners, and 64% of local jail inmates experiencing a mental health problem.
- Older population – As of 2030, the aging population in San Diego County is expected to double, with an estimated 1-5% affected by depression. The rate significantly increases for those with other chronic health conditions, particularly medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, and heart disease.
What Is Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Dual diagnosis treatment simultaneously addresses substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders, recognizing the strong link between drug addiction and mental health issues. This treatment approach is based on evidence that shows how it’s more effective to treat these issues together rather than separately. Dual diagnosis treatment typically covers mental health conditions such as:
- Schizophrenia & Thought Disorders – These disorders can lead to symptoms such as delusions, hallucinations, and paranoia, significantly impacting daily functioning. Thought disorders include schizophrenia, schizoaffective, schizophreniform, and delusional disorders.
- Depression & Mood Disorders – MMood disorders can cause persistent sadness and increase the risk of substance abuse. They can also result in elevated mood levels, making it difficult to sleep and relax for weeks.
- Bipolar Disorder – This disorder is characterized by sudden and significant shifts in mood that can affect an individual’s ability to carry out daily responsibilities and tasks.
- Personality Disorders – Personality disorders like borderline personality disorder can lead to persistent negative thoughts, unpredictable behavior, and difficulty maintaining healthy relationships.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – OCD is an anxiety disorder characterized by compulsive thoughts and behaviors, such as hoarding, checking, and contamination.
- Anxiety Disorders – Anxiety disorders can cause excessive nervousness and fear, disrupting daily tasks such as school, work, and home life.
Are you ready to change your life?
Take action now.
Our Dual Diagnosis Treatment Programs
Launch Centers offers a variety of mental health and addiction treatment programs to fit our client’s specific needs and schedules. Our treatment programs include:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – This program is suitable for individuals requiring intensive mental health treatment but not hospitalization.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – IOP provides structured treatment for mental health and co-occurring disorders and is less intensive than PHP, allowing individuals to balance their treatment with other responsibilities.
- Standard Outpatient Program (OP) – OP is designed for individuals transitioning from PHP or IOP to a more flexible program that meets their ongoing mental health needs. OP typically involves fewer weekly therapy sessions and focuses on relapse prevention, coping skills, and community integration.
- Detox – While Launch Centers does not directly provide detox services, we collaborate with local detox centers to provide resources and support for individuals dealing with withdrawal symptoms.
Dual Diagnosis & Mental Health Treatment Serving San Diego, California
Launch Centers offers a variety of programs aimed at addressing mental health disorders and substance abuse issues. Our disorder treatment programs include:
- Life Skills and Career Development – Alongside our mental health and substance abuse treatments, we also provide our clients with practical life skills to help them integrate back into society and their daily lives.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT aims to identify and address negative thinking patterns and beliefs that can exacerbate mental health issues and substance abuse.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) – DBT focuses on developing emotional regulation, mindfulness, stress management, and social skills. It’s commonly used in group therapy settings.
- Experiential Therapy – This therapy utilizes outdoor and creative activities to promote mindfulness and help individuals find new ways to experience joy instead of relying on addictive behaviors. It’s especially useful for those who find it difficult to open up during individual therapy or traditional support groups.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) –EMDR uses bilateral stimulation to help individuals process and overcome traumatic events.
- Trauma-Informed Care – We recognize the impact of trauma on a person’s life and mental health, including its connection to substance abuse, and provide trauma-informed care to our clients.
- Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) – EFT focuses on exploring emotions and improving emotional regulation, including understanding the emotions of loved ones.
- Attachment Theory – This theory examines how early relationships can influence our perceptions of current and future relationships.
Contact Launch Centers
If you or a loved one is dealing with a dual diagnosis or a mental health disorder, don’t hesitate to contact Launch Centers. Our empathetic team of behavioral healthcare professionals can help you identify a tailored treatment plan that includes evidence-based therapies, holistic alternatives, and aftercare strategies.
You do not have to navigate your struggles alone; our dual diagnosis treatment center is here to offer the support you require. Our admissions team is available to answer any questions you may have about mental health and dual diagnosis treatment options, our facility’s operations, and general inquiries about addiction treatment.