Dual Diagnosis & Mental Health Treatment In Anaheim, California
Launch Centers Can Help
Launch Centers gladly extends its dual diagnosis and mental health treatment services to the Anaheim area. Our West Los Angeles treatment center is about an hour away and offers various treatment approaches, therapy options, and healing modalities tailored to each individual’s needs.
What is Launch Centers?
Launch Centers specializes in treating individuals with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders using evidence-based programs and holistic healing modalities. Our compassionate and caring professionals deliver personalized care to each client, ensuring they receive the necessary support and resources to achieve long-term recovery.
We recognize the importance of addressing both substance abuse and mental health issues simultaneously, which is why we offer comprehensive dual-diagnosis treatment to help our clients process emotions, overcome addictions, and achieve life-long sobriety.
What Is Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Dual diagnosis treatment is designed to simultaneously address both substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders. This approach recognizes that addiction and mental health disorders can often be intertwined and treating them separately is not as effective as treating them together. Mental health disorders that qualify as co-occurring disorders include:
- Schizophrenia & Thought Disorders – Thought disorders, like schizophrenia, can severely impair young adults’ functioning by altering their perception of reality with symptoms such as delusions, hallucinations, and paranoia. Schizoaffective, schizophreniform, and delusional disorders are other types of thought disorders.
- Depression & Mood Disorders – Mood disorders can affect mood regulation and functioning, leading to persistent feelings of sadness and potential substance abuse. They can also elevate mood to manic levels, causing difficulty sleeping and relaxing.
- Bipolar Disorder – Manic-depressive disorder, also known as bipolar disorder, is marked by significant and sudden changes in mood that can impair an individual’s capacity to perform their regular duties and tasks.
- Personality Disorders – Personality disorders can cause negative thoughts, erratic actions, and relationship problems, affecting one’s quality of life. Despite potentially leading to issues like addiction and self-harm, these disorders can be treated through therapy and expert assistance.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – OCD is an anxiety disorder that leads to compulsive thoughts and behaviors. It can cause significant stress, and several types exist, such as hoarding, checking, and contamination.
- Anxiety Disorders – Anxiety, or panic disorders, are common in many young adults and significantly impact their lives. Excessive nervousness and fear can interfere with daily tasks, including school, work, and home life.
Are you ready to change your life?
Take action now.
Dual Diagnosis & Mental Health Treatment Programs
Our mental health and dual diagnosis treatment programs include:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – PHP is perfect for individuals who require intensive mental health treatment but do not need to be hospitalized.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – IOP is less intensive than PHP but still offers a structured approach to treating mental health and co-occurring disorders.
- Standard Outpatient Program (OP) – OP is designed to help individuals transition from PHP or IOP into a more flexible program.
- Detox – Detox helps individuals with a dual diagnosis work through the symptoms of withdrawals under medical supervision. Launch Centers does not directly offer detox services, but we can help you find a program that works.
Dual Diagnosis & Mental Health Treatment Serving Anaheim, California
At Launch Centers, we incorporate various evidence-based and holistic therapy methods in our mental health and addiction treatment plans. These include:
- Life Skills and Career Development – Beyond treating mental health disorders, drug addiction, and alcohol abuse, we help our clients learn valuable life skills.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT focuses on identifying negative thinking and beliefs that can contribute to mental health and substance use disorders.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) – DBT is designed to help individuals struggling with emotional regulation, mindfulness, stress, and social skills.
- Experiential Therapy – Experiential therapy uses outdoor and creative activities to help individuals practice mindfulness and find alternative sources for fun rather than resorting to an addiction.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) – EMDR helps individuals overcome and process traumatic events using bilateral stimulation.
- Trauma-Informed Care – This therapy approach recognizes how trauma can affect every aspect of a person’s life and mental health and how it leads to drug abuse.
- Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) – EFT helps individuals focus on their emotional experiences and the emotions of people around them, including family members and loved ones.
- Attachment Theory – Attachment theory focuses on how our relationships as children and young adults affect our perceptions of current and future relationships.
The Prevalence Of Dual Diagnosis & Mental Health Disorders In Anaheim, CA
- The total mental health and substance abuse-related hospitalization rate in Orange County was 50 per 10,000 residents in 2018.
- 45 percent of 2018 overdose deaths in California involved opioids.
- California deaths involving heroin in 2018 rose to 778 in 2018.
- Orange County’s emergency department visit rate for opioid overdose or abuse has increased by 82% since 2009, while hospitalizations have increased by 24%.
- 1 in 7 California adults experiences a mental illness, and 1 in 26 has a serious mental health disorder that makes daily activities difficult.
- 1 in 14 California children have an emotional disturbance that limits functioning in school, home, and community.
- Families with incomes below 100& of the federal poverty line have higher mental health disorder rates.
- Two-thirds of California adults with a mental health disorder and two-thirds of adolescents with depressive episodes did not seek treatment or substance abuse treatment.
- Rates of serious psychological distress reported by California adolescents and adults increased between 2016 and 2019.
- Incarcerated California adults have higher rates of mental health disorders, with around 30% of inmates receiving mental health treatment.
Contact Launch Centers
If you or a loved one is struggling with a dual diagnosis or mental health disorder, contact Launch Centers. Our dedicated behavioral healthcare team can help you find a treatment program that works for you, including therapy options, alternative holistic therapies, and aftercare plans.
You don’t need to work through issues on your own, and our dual diagnosis treatment center is here to help. Our admission team members are happy to help you learn more about our mental health & dual diagnosis treatment programs, how our treatment facility works, and general mental health substance abuse treatment questions.