Dual Diagnosis & Mental Health Treatment In Santa Ana
Launch Centers takes great pride in offering its mental health treatment and dual diagnosis services to the Santa Ana region. Our treatment center in West Los Angeles is only an hour’s drive from Santa Ana and is staffed with experienced behavioral health experts skilled in various evidence-based therapies and healing approaches.
Launch Centers is committed to helping young adults overcome mental health disorders and dual diagnoses through personalized treatment plans and evidence-based therapies. We understand that addressing mental health issues and substance use disorders together and our treatment plans are made to meet each client’s specific needs. Our goal is to empower them to understand their conditions better and learn effective coping strategies to manage co-occurring disorders and mental illnesses.
Recent drug and alcohol abuse statistics published by the Orange County Health Care Agency reveal that Santa Ana, California, is facing a significant substance abuse issue. In 2018, the city witnessed 459 drug-related overdose deaths, 4,715 drug-related emergency department visits, and 1,004 alcohol-related emergency department visits.
In Orange County, CA, mental health providers typically provide care to an average of 344 patients each year. Moreover, recent data reveals that 6.7% of adults, 10.4% of transitional-aged youth, and 4.4% of veterans in the county have reported experiencing serious psychological distress within the past year.
These figures highlight an urgent need for mental health and substance abuse treatment services in the community.
Are you ready to change your life?
Take action now.
Dual diagnosis treatment addresses substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders at the same time. This treatment acknowledges the strong connection between drug addiction and mental health disorders and recognizes that addressing them individually is less effective than addressing them together. Dual diagnosis typically encompasses mental health conditions such as:
- Schizophrenia & Thought Disorders – Thought disorders can cause symptoms such as delusions, hallucinations, and paranoia, significantly impairing daily functioning. Thought disorders include schizophrenia, schizoaffective, schizophreniform, and delusional disorders.
- Depression & Mood Disorders – Mood disorders can cause persistent feelings of sadness and increase the risk of substance abuse. They can also result in elevated mood levels, making sleeping and relaxing challenging for weeks.
- Bipolar Disorder – Bipolar disorder is characterized by abrupt and significant shifts in mood that can impact an individual’s ability to carry out daily responsibilities and tasks.
- Personality Disorders – Personality disorders like borderline personality disorder can cause persistent negative thoughts, unpredictable behavior, and challenges in maintaining healthy relationships.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – OCD is an anxiety disorder characterized by compulsive thoughts and behaviors, such as hoarding, checking, and contamination.
- Anxiety Disorders – Anxiety disorders can cause excessive nervousness and fear, disrupting daily tasks such as school, work, and home life.
Launch Centers provides a range of dual diagnosis and mental health treatment programs tailored to your specific treatment requirements and schedule. Our treatment options include:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – PHP is an ideal option for individuals who require intensive mental health treatment but do not need hospitalization.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – IOP is a structured approach to treating mental health and co-occurring disorders that is less intensive than PHP. Unlike PHP, IOP provides treatment on a part-time basis, allowing individuals to attend to their responsibilities outside of therapy.
- Standard Outpatient Program (OP) – OP is specifically designed to assist individuals transitioning from PHP or IOP to a more flexible program that can be tailored to meet their ongoing mental health needs. OP typically involves fewer weekly therapy sessions than PHP or IOP and focuses on relapse prevention, life skills, and community integration.
- Detox – Detoxification helps individuals with a dual diagnosis manage withdrawal symptoms under medical supervision. Although Launch Centers does not directly provide detox services, we partner with and provide resources to local detox centers.
- Life Skills and Career Development – Our program not only focuses on treating mental health disorders, drug use, and alcohol abuse but also provides our clients with practical life skills.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT identifies negative thinking patterns and beliefs that may worsen mental health issues and substance use disorders.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) – DBT helps individuals improve emotional regulation, mindfulness, stress management, and social skills. It’s a popular option for group therapy sessions.
- Experiential Therapy – This therapy utilizes outdoor and creative activities to promote mindfulness and help individuals find new ways to experience joy instead of turning to addiction. It’s a good option for people who struggle to open up during individual therapy or traditional support groups.
- Trauma-Informed Care – Trauma-informed care recognizes the impact of trauma on a person’s life and mental health, including its role in drug abuse.
- Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) – EFT helps individuals explore their emotions and the emotions of those around them, including family and loved ones.
- Attachment Theory – This theory explores how early relationships can shape our perceptions of current and future relationships.
If you or someone you care about is experiencing a dual diagnosis or mental health disorder, contact Launch Centers. Our behavioral healthcare team can find a treatment program that suits your needs, whether it be through evidence-based therapy options, alternative holistic therapies, or aftercare plans.
You don’t have to deal with your problems alone, and our dual diagnosis treatment center is here to provide the support you need. Our admission team members are available to provide further information about our mental health & dual diagnosis treatment programs, how our treatment facility operates, and general questions about mental health and addiction treatment.