Intensive Outpatient Programs
If you have battled stress, anxiety, depression, alcohol, and substance abuse in the past, then you know how challenging recovery can be. Fortunately, Launch Centers offers extensive therapies for people who have faced these situations before. Our intensive outpatient programs in Los Angeles give individuals the chance to continue to balance school, work and family responsibilities while being treated for the conditions mentioned above.
An Intensive Outpatient Program, also known as an IOP, is a primary treatment initiative endorsed after someone has completed a residential or partial hospitalization program. However, we have many clients call to directly enroll without a prior treatment experience. If you belong among those who don’t require a medical detox or psychiatric stabilization, for example, then this is the program to attend.
If you have had a successful detox, then IOP could be your road to a successful recovery. For one, it maintains consistent accountability for the client. In addition, it allows them the flexibility to still attend classes or pursue work. IOP clients begin to take the next steps toward a life of independence in a safe and monitored environment.
Our Intensive Outpatient Program in Los Angeles is designed for people with less severe cases of mental health issues or addiction as well as those who are still undergoing the recovery process while residing at home or in a transitional living home.
Launch Centers is located in sunny Los Angeles, California. Our IOP is held on-site and individuals generally spend around 20 hours a week in this program. This means attending treatment approximately 5 days a week for 3 or 4 hours at a time. IOPs are typically offered in two settings: day programs and evening programs. During day treatment, sessions occur during the morning/afternoon with participants returning to their homes in the late afternoon or early evening. In evening programs, clients attend treatment at night in order to accommodate their job, school, or familial responsibilities.
During treatment, our clients engage in a rotating combination of therapeutic modalities. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). CBT is a popular form of therapy that assists individuals in replacing negative thinking patterns with positive ones.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). DBT aids individuals in regulating emotions and improving their overall quality of life.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). This innovative trauma treatment involves focusing on past experiences in an effort to reduce associated emotional responses.
- Experiential Therapy. In experiential therapy, healing is promoted through experiences and mindfulness.
- Emotion-Focused Therapy. This technique helps participants address the deep emotion behind their reactions and connect better with loved ones.
- Trauma-Informed Care. This approach takes experienced trauma and PTSD into account during treatment.
- Attachment Theory. The goal of this treatment type is to heal interpersonal relationships.
IOPs are both a convenient and effective form of mental health treatment. Evidence shows that this program type leads to positive outcomes through addressing underlying causes of mental disorders. In addition, this program is helpful in instilling healthy coping mechanisms that lead to long-term management of mental health symptoms.
Particular benefits of an IOP include:
- High Level of Support. In addition to the consistent support and encouragement provided by Launch’s empathetic staff, those in our IOP are also able to support one another in group therapy sessions. The bonds made during this time often lead to a continued support network following treatment.
- Flexibility in Schedule. An attractive feature of IOPs is that they allow participants to maintain personal and professional responsibilities, like attending college or taking care of family. Clients maintain a consistent treatment schedule that is easy to incorporate into their weekly routines.
- Cost-effective. Most intensive outpatient programs have a lower cost than inpatient or residential treatment. In the majority of cases, IOPs are at least partially covered by insurance.
- Well-balanced. Though IOPs allow more flexibility than a residential program, they provide more structure than a standard outpatient program. This is helpful for those who still need a high level of care, but have personal obligations to fill.
- Privacy. Since patients in an IOP can upkeep a social and professional presence, they are able to maintain a level of privacy if they choose to.
- Personalized Treatment Plans. All of Launch’s treatment plans are designed to meet the unique needs of our clients as we want nothing more than for them to achieve their specific recovery goals.
- Evidence-based and Holistic Interventions. We offer a variety of therapeutic modalities that relieve mental health symptoms while building healthy coping strategies and encouraging mindfulness.
We teach clients to be able to identify emotions and develop healthy coping mechanisms in order to hopefully prevent further treatment stays.
We spend time introducing clients to different recovery programs such as the 12 steps, SMART, and Refuge Recovery. We also help them identify the triggers that have caused relapses in the past.
Self Esteem & Self Worth
We can be our own worst critic and we want to bring reality to that inner monologue. We help clients identify their successes and strengths. Sometimes, people can’t see the good in themselves, and we are here to help them find it.
Values, Spirituality, & Identity
We hope to take a look at the context of people’s lives as a way of understanding both the problems they face. Through this pillar, we hope to support clients in finding their “why” and how to cultivate positive behaviors that support this life purpose.
Arts, Passions, & Creativity
We offer workshops in the arts to encourage emotional exploration through creative writing, music, art and improvisational theatre.
Relationships & Community
A strong community is everything, so we also work to build up an extensive and reliable support system. A support system can consist of family members, friends, co-workers, and significant others.
Education & Career
Education and career development might not seem like a clinical concern at first, but it works into many of the other pillars. Graduating college, or getting their first job, can give someone an immense sense of self worth.
We do our best to help our clients learn basic skills so that they can move forward, towards an independent life outside of treatment.
By evaluating and educating clients about their medications, it can set each client up for success to help mitigate relapse and create successful treatment outcomes.
The topics mentioned above are mandatory for first-time participants, however, you can still enroll for additional comprehensive counseling, or training to improve healthy skills. In regards to the 12-Step approach, Launch does not lean on, or recommend, a specific denomination. To explain, it relies on scientific methods and practices without involving religious bias, though some recovery programs are religiously based.
While it is not hard to find an IOP in Los Angeles, it is important that you find one that suits your specific needs. Although we are able to treat and accommodate many different types of clients, this lower level of care is not always the best fit for people who face addiction and substance use or abuse. Because of this, you will need to get examined by our clinical team to ensure we can best help your personal situation.
We conduct the assessment at the center as part of the admission process. However, just because the topics to be covered have been generalized doesn’t mean all individuals share the same ordeals. The program readily offers personalized services to suit their needs. Thereafter, the initial assessment will result in a follow-up.
To get admitted to any intensive outpatient treatment unit, or if you want to do it on someone else’s behalf, you can contact them directly to book an appointment. Alternatively, you can fill out the contact form found in accredited websites. They will reciprocate your involvement by giving you a call and informing you about the important steps that they will follow.
Once you have come to accept your present condition, you can rely on Launch Centers of Los Angeles, CA, to design a treatment plan for you using a clinical and medical assessment. Depending on your history, status, and current condition, we will determine the best approach for your treatment. Our intensive outpatient programs in Los Angeles empower young adults while helping them achieve their goals. Each client has a personalized experience with educational support and professional guidance. Visit our admissions page to learn more.