Substance Abuse Treatment in Los Angeles
In recent years, the tragic opioid epidemic has brought into crisp focus the toll taken on young adults in particular. Most people in the age group of 18-28 have been touched by the loss of a friend or colleague to an overdose death involving this class of drugs. While the front-page headlines regarding the surging rates of overdose deaths serve as a reality check for many, others still continue to play Russian roulette with their lives by continuing to use. In addition to opioid abuse stealing young lives, alcoholism and addiction to other drugs remain a threat to the young adult demographic.
Following the detox phase, a young person entering a treatment program for substance abuse will need a full spectrum of therapeutic interventions over a period of months to properly benefit from the program. Most outpatient treatment programs offer the foundational elements of individual and group therapy, addiction education and relapse prevention planning, and participation in a recovery group. While these are the basic components of a recovery program, they are not sufficient for a sustained recovery.
Take Action Now. Request a Confidential Callback 24/7
How a Los Angeles Treatment Center Can Help You
Launch Centers treats young adults struggling with substance abuse involving:
- Heroin and prescription opioids (oxycodone, morphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, and fentanyl)
- Benzodiazepines (alprazolam, clonazepam, lorazepam, diazepam)
- Stimulants (cocaine, amphetamine (Adderall, Ritalin) methamphetamine, )
Evidence-based therapies, such as cognitive behavioral therapy and other behavioral therapies, can be highly effective in assisting the individual in treatment for substance abuse or addiction. Without the therapeutic process, the contributing factors to the substance use disorder, such as past traumas and deep-seated emotional pain, would not be identified and treated, thereby sabotaging any hopes of a lasting recovery.
As effective as individual and group therapy is for gaining important insights and establishing new healthy responses to emotional triggers, it simply isn’t enough. Young adults in treatment for substance abuse also need to define their purpose, set goals for their future, and receive guidance in achieving them. The young adult must take an active role in crafting his or her life story; in essence, the individual becomes a stakeholder in his or her own future.
Don’t Wait for Tomorrow. Your New Life Begins Today.
Define Your Purpose, Set Your Goals & Achieve Recovery
In addition to providing expert therapists to work with young adults in recovery via individual, group, and family counseling, Launch Centers adds several important additional elements to their treatment program. Together, these elements guide the young person towards a fulfilling life, offering them a prescription for success. This holistic approach to recovery is what sets Launch Centers apart from the typical addiction treatment program.
In addition to the clinical therapy provided at Launch Centers, additional treatment elements encompass the educational and vocational aspects of recovery, with a focus on exploring one’s purpose throughout. These adjunct elements include:
- Customized academic plan based on career goals. Includes transcript analysis, course planning, college application process, scholarship applications, exam preparation, academic tutoring and workshops, and progress monitoring.
- Individual career plan based on strengths, interests, passions, and goals. Includes career and employment counseling, career preparation support, job search assistance, job search workshops, internship and volunteer opportunities.
- Weekly goal setting for both long and short-term aspirations. This goal setting exercise involves creating educational, academic, financial, relationship, and health and wellness goals.
- Defining personal values that will help steer behaviors. This process involves identifying 3-5 foundational values and then defining which of their behaviors contradict the values, and what behaviors need to be enhanced to support them.