Partial Day Program
Addiction is a disease that is currently impacting millions of people across the United States. And while rates of addiction are higher in many parts of the country than ever before, rates of admission into treatment programs are still under 25%. Professional addiction treatment is often required for those who struggle with full-blown addiction or substance abuse problems. Finding the right kind of care is critical in helping a person overcome the many challenges they are facing because of their situation. One of those types of addiction treatment programs is a partial day program, which is an ideal option for many people looking to put an end to their active addiction once and for all. Partial Day Program, or PHP, is often the next step for those leaving residential treatment centers, or for those needing a little bit more care than those in Intensive Outpatient.
A partial day program, which is also referred to as a partial hospitalization program, is a type of professional addiction treatment that provides recovering patients with daily involvement and structure. A partial hospitalization program is similar to inpatient treatment in terms of structure and provided evidence-based treatments, however patients do not live at the facility like those at inpatient treatment do. Instead, patients go tto Launch several times per week and spend the majority of their day there.
Specific to our partial day program, patients typically spend anywhere between two and four weeks at this level of care.
How you respond to treatment will determine your stay within the facility. A PHP stay is typically 2-4 weeks, and the typical duration for your entire treatment stay (including PHP to IOP to OP) is 90-180 days. While the minimum is 4 weeks, many stay past 180 days. During treatment, you receive close monitoring thanks to your treatment group.
How Do I Know if Partial Day Treatment is Right for Me?
Who can participate in the program? It belongs to people who:
- Need close attention but can abstain from drug or alcohol use outside the rehab center. This is applicable for people with deep-rooted psychological problems that are affecting their work, school, family life, and have lost hope in the effectiveness of the treatment
- Experience co-occurring mental health disorder
- Reside in places where they have higher chances of relapsing
- Have completed a PHP or residential therapy prior, but feel at risk of relapsing
- Are not making any progress in intensive outpatient programs
To enter Launch Centers partial day program, you may enroll either directly after completing a hospital or a residential program, or you may enroll in PHP without residential, if it is determined to be medically necessary. However, the program might not work for people who:
- Have life-threatening medical conditions such as high blood pressure, cardiac arrest or cancer
- Who requires higher intensive care therapy than partial day treatment can offer
- Are better-off in lower-level of care
- Lack of psychiatric problems that fulfill the guidelines for a partial day program
- Are at risk of endangering themselves or others